Welcome to The Leading Strong Podcast hosted by 34 Strong Co-Founders Darren Virassammy and Brandon Miller. This episode aired on 10/14/20. You can listen to the Full Episode HERE.
In this week’s episode, hosts Brandon Miller and Darren Virassammy dive into the 8th of the 12 Manager Intelligence Skills – Intentional. The Manager Intelligence Skills are the habits best bosses have honed and developed to create and sustain highly engaged teams.
In this episode of the Leading Strong Podcast, hosts Brandon Miller and Darren Virassammy explore how you can grow the Manager Intelligence Skill, Intentional, through your words and actions. Intentional managers make sure each team member knows how their individual contribution benefits the organization’s mission and purpose. By growing your Intentional skill, you will see your team rise to the occasion and sustain their efforts!
The Highs and Lows of the Intentional Skill
- High: I like to bring new ideas and validate new ideas to the team and validate new ideas that come from my team. I challenge my team to think outside the box and welcome their opinions to improve processes and performance.
- Low: I like to keep things running the way they are. New ideas waste everyone’s time. If my employees want to learn and grow, they do it outside of work.
How to Grow the Skill of Intentional
- Strong Intentional Skill: Deliberate with your words, Explicit with your expectations, Thoughtful with your responses to questions and challenges, Purposeful with your body language and tone of voice, Considerate with your praise and recognition
- Weak Intentional Skill: Careless with your words, Unclear with your expectations, Thoughtless with your response to questions and challenges, Aimless with your body language and tone of voice, Inconsistent with praise and recognition.
Book Recommendation of the Week
- How are you being deliberate with your words, and how are you being explicit with your expectations?
- How can you commend the common?
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE on your favorite platform for listening to podcasts. Please rate the podcast and leave us a review, and of course share it with any other best managers just like you!
Stay Tuned for next week as we dive into the Management Intelligence Skill of Interdependent !